6 fascinating facts you didn’t know about 3D Printing
3D printing has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. You might have heard some interesting stories about it, but here are a few exciting facts that you probably didn’t know.
1. The invention of 3D printing dates back to the 1980s – it all started with stereolithography technology in 1984 by Chuck Hull.
2. Used for organ transplants in the medical field – the medical equipment industry makes the most use of 3D printing.
3. It’s in the movies you watch – Jurassic Park, Avatar, The Avengers and many other popular flicks – it’s much faster and easier to create props that are used in the movies.
4. Much cheaper prices for the products – it cuts down several production costs including logistics, machine work and material wastage.
5. The very 1st Nokia Lumia 820 shell was printed by 3D – it took less than a day to print the shell!
6. One of the best tools for education – 3D prototypes will help students from different industries like art, engineering and medical to learn more effectively.